Sunday, September 30, 2007

Urbanscapes @ 1923




These works are by Hamtramck Artist Laura Macintyre.
Urban landscapes very much so sprouting from the Hamtramck sceen.
This show hangs at Cafe 1923 as a part of the HATCH Artists grouping.
I believe this is the groups first solo exhibition.

The works range in size from the largest seen here at 24" x 36" on down.



Having lived, played and experienced life here in these locations generally I am left with the sense of this place that I know well in the paintings. I am curious to what fresh eyes have to say. For a good chunk of my gypsy existence I had lived in Lincoln Park that borders Detroit at the South end and from that perspective I also make a lot of connections and see interesting contrasts. Definitely all environments are unique eco-spaces that time, characters and chance play a part in molding the personality of continuously.

No comments: